Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

One step closer...

You may not know this, but my boss is one of my very best friends.  I'm so fortunate to have her in my life, her family has become mine and vice versa. She's been by my side through all of my ups and downs and I hope she would say that I've done the same for her.

The last couple of years have been anything but easy for her.  In August 2009 she was diagnosed with a soft tissue cancer, opted for surgery and radiation. Exactly one year later she found out the cancer was back, and in the exact same spot.  This time they were treating it with surgery, radiation, and then 5 rounds of intensive chemo.  Exactly two weeks ago she finished chemo and today she had her first post-cancer PET scan...the results are in and the news is wonderful!
Credit
  Of course she still has a long road ahead of her, but today is a great day! She's one step closer to beating cancer once and for all...and in my book that's a pretty big deal! 

4 comments:

  1. yay! exciting! i saw parts of your tweets today but didn’t get a chance to follow up. glad to hear some good news in the cancer world. :)

    ReplyDelete