Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Operation Jack Satellite Run

December 26, 2010 marks a big day in the journey of Sam Felsenfeld and Operation Jack.  Sam set out to run 61 marathons in 2010 to raise funds and awareness for Train 4 Autism.  This journey started on January 1, 2010 and will come to a close on December 26, 2010 when Sam runs his 61st, and final, marathon of the year in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Sam and his beautiful family, Tiffany, Ben, Jack, and Ava
As you may know, live in St. Louis, MO, and as much as I'd love to be in California on 12/26, I will be right here in the Lou.  I was pretty bummed about not being able to be a part of Sam's final race until Sam mentioned on Twitter that he decided to have a satellite run option for those of us not in Southern Cali. 


Here are the details (copied straight from Operation Jack's site):


If you can't make it to Southern California on December 26, you can still participate by going out for a 6.1-mile run wherever you are. We're aiming for participants in all 50 states, plus as many countries as possible.
It's one last chance to raise awareness and funds for Train 4 Autism in as many locations as possible.
Participants will receive a race medal and t-shirt.
Registration Fee: $25
Fundraising: Click here to create a fundraising page for this event. Raise just $30 to bypass the registration fee! Click "Join Our Team" to join the team and create a fundraising page.
Registration: If you'd rather register than fundraise, click here to register now! Your name will appear on the list below within 1-2 days.

Sam's Goal is to get at least one person from every state to participate in the satellite run, and while Maine may be kicking every one's collective heines, at least Missouri and Illinois (where I'm from) are throwing in respectable numbers.  While I bet we can get those numbers a little higher, here's what I'm really writing to request, there are TEN states that are not yet represented in the satellite run and I'd like that to change.  I'm talking to you Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, New Mexico, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming! 


I know I have had readers in every one of the states listed about, and while y'all may not be runners or walkers, I'm sure you know someone who knows someone who is! Please help spread the word. I'd really like to see the entire country back the efforts of Sam.


If you're in the St. Louis area and would like to meet up to run or walk these 6.1 miles, please let me know and I'll be happy to come up with a route for us!!

1 comment:

  1. well, yes, Maine might be kicking some serious booty but its all for a good cause. thanks for putting this out there, we've still got time to fill up those states!! :)

    ReplyDelete