Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale...

In just a few short hours Ashley and I will be heading to Memphis for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon (and half)! 

This is probably my favorite my favorite race - there's nothing like running through the campus of St. Jude and seeing the patients cheering you on.

As much fun as I had at this race last year, I have a feeling that it won't even compare to the weekend I'm about to have.  You see, the real reason I'm so excited about tomorrow is that Ashley is running her first marathon!!  I got to be with a lot of friends who were running there first 26.2 in Chicago but I obviously didn't get the opportunity to see them finish and cheer them on.  This weekend will be totally different.  I'm running the half and Ash is running the full - that means I'll have plenty of time to run my race, get my medal, go to our hotel, change clothes, grab the sign I made and head to the course to find her. 

Ashley's friendship means the world to me and I am so honored and excited to be a part of her first marathon.  I can't wait to watch her cross that magic finish line and see her face as she realizes all of her hard work has paid off handsomely!   Every marathoner knows that nothing really compares to the feeling of crossing that finish line for the first time.  Being there for Ashley's finish is going to be pretty special for me. So thanks, Ashley, for letting me be a part of this weekend!


Ok, enough with the sappy shit....

Ashley - Feed the f*cking dog!!!


The sign I made for Ashley



And if you don't know the meaning of feed the f*cking dog, do yourself a favor and read this post from Ashley. It's something every runner should read!

1 comment:

  1. Love spectating!!! Have a great time this weekend! Both you and Ashley will have great races :)

    ReplyDelete